Here at Emergent Futures Lab we’ve been taking stock of the year and reviewing what we have published on innovation and creativity.
We are really happy to have been able to share an alternative model of creativity:
Sharing this model really began in the fall when we realized that there was a bigger community out there that was also frustrated with the standard approaches to creativity and innovation.
When we shared a chart comparing existing models of creativity and how they are all, to a very large degree, simply variations of the ancient Greeks (who did not believe in creativity.) So many people responded with a similar frustration that we knew we were onto something.
And that began our journey to offering alternative approaches and processes to creativity:
This brings us to this moment: a day before the winter solstice and a week before Christmas. It’s time to unplug and kickback.
So, for your holiday reading pleasure we crafted a list of our 15 best articles of 2021, in sequential order, to take you on a journey to a new paradigm of creativity and offer you a new set of tools for your innovative work:
- Where Did Your Big Idea Come From?
- Thinking Is Not in Your Head
- The New Cannot Be Seen or Thought
- Creativity at Work
- Reality is Creativity
- Creativity “And What Else Can It Do?”
- Creativity Unmasked: A Story about Breakfast…
- Creativity Lives in the Middle
- Creativity is Less
- Difference Differing
- Creativity: Constraints, Fields and Systems
- Stop Being So Smart — Creativity Eats Ideation for Breakfast
- The Creative Process
- Unintentionality is the Story
- Accidental Techniques